Monday, January 10, 2011

Pathetic?

It took awhile to warm my toes, but I finally went to sleep last night around 11pm. I think I was starting to really sleep when I groggily opened my hears trying to figure out what that ungodly sound was at this ungodly hour. When I finally realized it was a dog mournfully bark-howling his objection at whatever the situation was, I got up to investigate. I peeked out my window, and saw a large mass of black fur lying of the icy sidewalk below. I thought it would be our neighbors dog wanting back in, but it wasn't. It looked like something might be wrong, so I went downstairs. My bro had heard the same hubbub, and emerged from his room also. I told John it wasn't  the neighbor dog, but another such huge dog literally chilling on the ice outside. John grabbed his coat and boots, and cautiously eased up the big dog checking out the problem. The dog couldn't get up off the ice, so John pulled him to the cleared sidewalk and helped him get to his feet. The dog was too fat and weak to get off the ice patch on the sidewalk without help. That is pathetic. Was the poor city dog victim to being too well fed and living in restricted quarters perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment