Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sweet rest

Have you ever been so tired that you forgot what rest felt like? I guess no one would really realize this unless they got rested. I am pretty well rested for the first time in months. Many months. I didn't know it, but I got so wound tight that I couldn't catch up with unwinding. You know... it's when you fall straight to sleep because you're so zonked you have no more energy... not even way down in the tip of your toes.

So, now that I'm rested, I can think again. Ah... the never ending machine of thought that you realize is there when you're not too busy to forget your thinking or feeling more than you think you're thinking you're feeling.

What am I talking about. hmmm.... well, here's the deal. I got sick and then I had no choice but to stop and rest. God looked down, saw my pathetic efforts at balancing the life stakes, and put me on hold. Oh I kicked, oh so hard. When you're beat, you're beat, what can I say?

I just wanted to put this out there. If you're putting off facing what's really going on in your walk with God, or your relationship with your family please take it from me: it's not fun to be put in your proper place of eating humble pie. Just stop and rest now. Just stop and say NO to all the busyness that would take your heart away from what's really important. Did you hear that? What is really important? What do you think. What last's beyond tomorrow? That's right you get it.

Honestly, I don't think I even quite get it, after being knocked on my butt. It's all about realizing I don't control what happens... I'm just co-pilot. Yes, He let's me decide what I'm eating for breakfast, He did give me a brain after all, but come on... behind all that, behind the blah blah blah He's got His fingers in the pie. heck, He's making the pie.

That's all I wanted to say. Don't forget to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment