Friday, August 7, 2009

All at once

As I sit here, drinking a cup of hopefully very decafinated coffee, I'm finally able to catch a breath or two. Maybe three... but they close soon so maybe not. I should come here at 6 in the morning when they're first open so I can have my breathing space and some time to think alone.

So many things have happened this summer... and as I write this I should be rescheduling and reorganizing a certain responsibility that I have. Instead, everytime I think about shutting down my brain to do so, I'm gently lulled back into my wondering thoughts by the hum of the machinery nearby and the soft country melodies that are in the room. I find myself even harmonizing with the players as they charm their way across their stringed instruments so comfortably well. My gaze rests on the wall to my left where an abundance of photographs hang and I'm distracted with the realization that I have a scheduled showing of my own coming up all too soon for my busy self. There's a couple across the way that are talking about a trip into the Bob... *sigh* so much, so much.

My story has many turns in it. Many forks in the road. Many rivers to cross. Many mountains to summit. My parents are moving in a month and methinks I will miss them too much for me to think about right now. When a family is very nearly shackled together for ten years it is hard to know what to do without that constant pull, that constant someone to lean on, that constant laughter, that constant...disagreement and then compromise. But they go with all of my best thoughts for their betterment. I know this is a good way. This will bring the rest of the family together with us much more and maybe, just maybe, perhaps, they will see Jesus and come to Him too. That would be beautiful... oh if only.

My dad and mom are getting to the time in their lives when they wake up and groan to get out of bed... who am I kidding, at 24 I groan a little too. Point being, I've realized they are not as young as they once were and that makes me a little worried. That must be selfish somehow though. The other day Dad was saying that if one of us kids went to heaven first he would be jealous because he has an old body to keep trying living with. Or something along those lines. It made me laugh to watch him put on his fake pout and stoutly express his distaste of the idea.

As it happens, Mom found out the other day that she has problemos with her gall bladder. Of all times. They leave in month. But surely if we've been through all that other hum drum gub gub over the years we can definately deal with a gall bladder right? But then Dad is going in for an MRI so they can pick over his brain and see if he has something ticking around up there that shouldn't be. poof. We shall see what will come to pass.

It's overcast outside. I like the overcast summer sky. It pulls me. So does that music. Ope a key change, how nice.

And so. Time goes on and time will tell and the grandfather of time will carry me away on his long white beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment