Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why not me?

I have a question that keeps coming up... I guess it's more of a life question that will always be there. It is this: While the rest of the world experiences massive earthquakes, floods, disease, bondage, starvation, anguish, and many other things, why am I not experiencing that? Why is it that God saw fit to allow me to be born in a safe zone? I know the big reason to cover and answer my questions on the deepest levels, which is the ultimate glory of God, His will I do not understand yet, etc. But I still question. I know I am small and don't understand very much at all, but really? a 7.0 earthquake? I don't know. All I do know is this: I am going to set this question aside and pursue the heart of God with all my strength. And when my strength fails me, I will push forward with faith that He will give me more. That's all I can do. Because if I didn't, there would be no reason, no goal, no clue. It blows my mind. So, that's what I had to say.

1 comment:

  1. I can honestly say, without a shadow of a doubt, that I ask myself this every day.. .. .. I have yet to find a satisfying answer.. perhaps it is one of those things that we must wait to ask to God when we find our way to Heaven...

    ReplyDelete